Access Compliance LLC is a full service agency devoted to assisting the safety and health programs of all entities involved in commerce to provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees. The services of the company emphasize providing comprehensive training services, assisting in the achieving and surpassing of guidelines established through regulatory agencies, and consulting to devise, design and implement state of the art programs to achieve health and safety goals.
After almost 20 years of working in the realm of corporate safety and health, with extensive experience in working with state and local regulatory industries in solving a wide spectrum of issues and challenges, Access Compliance is able to draw from a vast network of highly trained and experienced professionals. We can mobilize and provide solutions to problems, and work proactively to increase performance, efficiency and lower costs by improving safety and managing risk.
Our professionals range in background from medical professionals, to engineers, to scientists and master instructors. Our ability to scale our operations to the size of the problem makes us unique. Give us a problem to solve or a program to develop, and we will produce measurable results. It is our goal, it is our experience.
Warren Silverman, MD, Medical Director
Board certified in Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine and Forensic Medicine. Some of his current credentials include:
- NYS DOL Certified Safety and Health Consultant
- Federal Aviation Administration Senior Aviation Medical Examiner
- Medical Director for a NYS Workers Compensation Preferred Provider Organization
- Medical Director for several Occupational Medicine and Safety Consulting Entities
- Executive Director of Regional VPPA
- OSHA Special Government Employee
- Licensed NYS Private Investigator
- Surgeon NYS Fraternal Order of Police Lodge SA03
- Police Surgeon New York State Police PBA
- Licensed in New York, New Jersey Massachusetts, Vermont and North Carolina
- Officer of the NY branch of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine and alternate to the Medical Society of the State of New York
- Certified by the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board to perform Independent Medical Examinations
Brenda Wiederkehr, Owner
I have been in the safety field for what seems like my entire life. Growing up in a small farming town in the Midwest, where injuries or death affected the whole community, I was aware at a young age the dangers faced in the working world.
After completing high school I served in the United States Army for four (4) years, United States Army Reserves for eight (8) years, and in 1992 moved into the Occupational Medicine and Health and Safety field. Throughout my formative years and career, I have witnessed how safety – no matter where you are, at home, school, or work, is one of the most important elements of insuring a healthy life, not just for yourself but all who come into contact with you.
I believe safety impacts the individual, the family, and the community. By providing access to valuable information and sharing the knowledge and insight acquired through our own experiences and training, Access Compliance and its affiliates can be an effective tool in helping prevent accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations/environments.
My life and work experiences offer a customer more than 18 years of hands-on knowledge of occupational safety and health programs, including 16 years of managerial experience in leadership, communication, organization, analyzing and problem solving skills. As such, Access Compliance and its affiliates are able to identify various occupational health, medicine and safety needs within a variety of industry settings.
I enjoy the challenge of designing and presenting programs tailored to fit individual company needs, and look forward to working with new and existing clients to advance a culture of safety in their respective organizations.
- Information regarding my training and continuing education:
- Personnel Training Supervisor, United States Army Reserve
- Personnel Management Specialist, United States Army
- Certification United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration OSHA 521
- Certification United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration, Special Government Employees (SGE) Training
- Certification OSHA 500
- Certification OSHA 501
- Certification ICR 59 and ICR 60 New York State Department of Labor
- Basic CPR/FA/AED Trainer
- Certificate Aviation Medical Certification Standards and Procedures
- Certificate Medical Specialist, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
- Certificate Combat Service Support Computer System, Ft. Jackson, SC
Masters Degree Program Public Health, Concentration – Environmental Science, SUNY Albany, September 2007-present
Bachelors Degree in Marketing/Management, Siena College, Loudonville, NY
AAS Degree Business Administration, Hudson Valley Community College
Diploma Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course, Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA, 1996
- NYS Association of Workers' Compensation Specialists - Board Member
- VPPPA Region II - Executive Board Secretary
- Capital Region Safety & Health Council of NY - Program Chairperson
- Northern Adirondack Safety & Health Council – Member
- American Society of Safety Engineers – Member
- North American Women in Construction - Member